ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BColes said:
beedubaya do you know about ATI latest drivers? It does wonders for ATI in openGL (Doom Quake). ;)

Only for the X1800 series, which is why I said it is a much closer race in those games this generation. The X800 series still flat out sucks (in fact, sucks is an understatement) in OpenGL compared to the 6800 series.

^^ looks like the x1800xt is the way to go for BF2 at high resolutions and AA. I'm liking my choice.

Are you an idiot? That is such a fanboy statement it's not even funny. If you have never looked at any benchmarks, and you have never owned an X1800XT, then tell me now, how you know it sucks compared to the 256mb 7800GTX?
Get your head out of your ****ing ass and stop calling ppl fanboys. Your the ****ing idiot because i never OUCNE said that the x1800XT sucks, matter of fact i do believe i said i would buy the better card IF i had the money. Seriously go home and cry to mommy for petes sake. Sorry for the flame but idiots like you are really starting to piss me off on this forum.

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=27443

That the newist information from the inquirer and this time it says it will cost between $600-650 the 78GTX 512mb. Still extremly expensive but alot better then the $800 that was quotes eariler in the thread.

Also acording to that it hits the streets this monday.

Yea, seems like that was the name Nvidia was going to give it at first. Besides, it fits :) Faster clock speeds AND more memory.

003 said:
No it's not
ATI calls it a Performance enhancement. it's not. it's making the video card do less, by automatically reducing AA.
making the video card do less to get better performance is cutting corners.
an actual performance enhancement is making the video card process faster

I'm saying that adaptive anti-aliasing does not make the card faster as such in OpenGL. the card is still as fast as before, but it is simply making the card do less by reducing image quality. therefore it is cutting corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom