cheapest best power supply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yours is probably underpowered because of the amps, not the watts. One with dual 12V or 1 12V with good amps should suffice.

well i am aware my psu is under powered becasue of the amps, but shouldnt 25amps on my 12 volt do it?? thats what it is

More watts does not always make a better power supply. There are a few different things to take into account, a big one being the stability of the rails. If your power supply is 800w, but your 12v rail is only operating at 11v, then you have some serious problems. If you get a better brand name power supply, you shouldn't have to worry about stability. Also, you've already answered your last question. If your power supply's 12v rail is rated at 25 amps, but you're certain that your power supply is not providing enough power for your computer, then it's time to upgrade. I also seriously doubt that your Logisys power supply is actually providing the power that is advertised. The Fortron (a pretty reliable brand) that I suggested has two 12v rails, each at 18 amps. Add them together and you get a total of 36 amps, which is plenty for your system.

Since we're on the topic of PSU's, can someone give me feedback on mine... I have been having trouble overclocking, and someone mentioned in one of my topics that I posted that it could be my PSU that's holding me back. It's in my sig. Here is a report from Everest:

Voltage Values:
CPU Core - 1.62 V
+3.3 V - 3.31 V
+12 V - 12.22 V
VBAT Battery - 3.57 V
DIMM - 2.54 V

I don't need any OCing advice, just a "yes" or "no" on if it's a good power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom