Advice wanted about upcoming system

Status
Not open for further replies.
dude for the price of the dfi got for intel d875PBZ, great board, also i ****Highly**** recommend CORSAIR over KINGSTON, i have had both rams before and currently have corsair, MUCH MORE STABLE. Hope this helps

The 2.8C is good enough if you don't have the money, but if you were to spend that $300 on a CPU go with the AMD FX-51;)

No, I mean, why choose AMD over Pentium? There has been 1 million threads on this, but besides specs (which are debatable) I can't see any reason to switch over to AMD.

Guy said:
No, I mean, why choose AMD over Pentium? There has been 1 million threads on this, but besides specs (which are debatable) I can't see any reason to switch over to AMD.

Cause its faster and you'll be set for 64bit when it comes along

DOH!

The FX-51 is still $700 bucks:rolleyes: Then if you were to compare the +3200 64 to 3.2ghz P4, I'd probably go with the P4;)

merlin - the fx-51 is over $700 dollars at newegg. i think your thinking of the 3400+ which is faster than any pentium, and at $400. i would kick myself in the nuts if the fx-51 was under $300 and i didnt buy it.

btw i would recommend athlon 64 3200+ for 230ish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom