why is this card so FReakin expensive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dude, a regular 6800GT with drivers enabling it to do Quadro stuff will kill itself trying to do the Quadro stuff, ok? But a Quadro card with drivers enabling it to perform the graphics in games will perform better than 2 7800GTXs in SLIl. Its just that no one needs that kind of power.
Case closed so FghtinIrshNvrDi get YOUR head outa your butt and read to the little fact that i said example purposes only.

I think Flanker is right about this one. Even if they sell hundreds at a time to game/CAD/science developers that doesn't even come close to the mass public numbers. If this card was actually desired by more people then they would produce more and the retail cost would be much lower. Let's say it was a 6800GT-like popular card and they made a million of them. With those numbers in the market there's no way they would be able to still sell them for that price, they would be killing themselves. We must remember any corporation's main goal is to make profits. That's right people, they're not trying to help you, they're trying to help themselves, they just happen to help some other people in the process.
Here's a quote from Civilization IV which I like "[Corporation] An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
Ambrose Bierce

kcrknp said:
I think Flanker is right about this one. Even if they sell hundreds at a time to game/CAD/science developers that doesn't even come close to the mass public numbers. If this card was actually desired by more people then they would produce more and the retail cost would be much lower. Let's say it was a 6800GT-like popular card and they made a million of them. With those numbers in the market there's no way they would be able to still sell them for that price, they would be killing themselves. We must remember any corporation's main goal is to make profits. That's right people, they're not trying to help you, they're trying to help themselves, they just happen to help some other people in the process.
Here's a quote from Civilization IV which I like "[Corporation] An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility.
Ambrose Bierce

I said that? What I'm saying is that this card is expensive because its GOOD. You know how the 7800Ultra is supposed to be $800? Well the Quadros are 2x-4x times as powerful as the 7800Ultra. THATS why they're expensive. I don't know where you're getting the amazingly stupid idea that products are only expensive because not a lot of them are sold. I mean, HOW DOES THAT SENTENCE NOT SOUND STUPID TO YOU?! A 7800Ultra is $800 because not a lot of people buy it? For god's sakes, its $800 because its good. And if it was priced lower, a lot of people WOULD buy it. How can you say that no one buys a product before its even out?! :rolleyes:

You don't know how much it costs to produce these cards. You have no idea at all, nor do I. But for all we know it could cost this company $200 to build that card, but because they build so few they still want to make a good profit on it. You're stupid.

Isn't it obvious by the way they have used multiple GPU cores for high end and low end cards. Obviously just because the high-end card costs twice as much for the consumer doesnt mean it costs twice as much to produce. That's all I'm saying.

As for this 7800 Ultra is 800 because its so good...no it's a price that's going to make them money, a lot more money per card than a 6600GT, because they're not going to sell nearly as many as they sell 6600GTs.
They obviously want the price to be as high as possible and still sell enough units to make a good profit.

Maybe I was agreeing with someone else, this thread got confusing.

kcrknp said:
You're stupid.
:rolleyes:

I'm seriously considering leaving this Forum because of the amount of dipshits that have popped up lately.

Tell me this; If the 7800Ultra cost less, wouldn't more people buy it? Lets consider how many people are going to buy the 7800Ultras @ $800. Hmm...2? Only those with unlimited budgets (Havok, The General) are capable of *wasting* their money on that card (not saying they're going to buy it, just that they're capable). Now lets think about this; if the 7800Ultra cost $400...less than the 7800GTX, how many people would buy it? Well, think about how many people have bought 7800GTXs and you have a fraction of how many poeple would buy it. SO OBVIOUSLY THAT THROWS YOUR BULLSHIT THEORY OUT THE WINDOW.

:rolleyes:

As mentioned those types of cards are built for workstation PCs and are designed for precision rather than performance in applications such as autocad...in reality a 6800GT or any other consumer card makes hundreds and thousands of calculation errors during rendering...in an application such as autocad you can see where this becomes a problem where you are designing something to detailed specifications

Oh my:amazed: Maybe you need to go back to the hole you came from and learn a little more before you try to sound smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom