Os

Status
Not open for further replies.

seco

Solid State Member
Waz ^ i am getting tired of windows so i wanted to ask a simple question. Is linux better than Windows? And which is the difference between Red Hat Linux and Mandrake Linux?
Thanks

Linux is better than windows but the ease of working with windows ismuch better..... well there is no BIG between Mandrake and Red Hat.... But I suggest Red Hat..

Some programs and games are compatable using programs like wine and WineX. However there is a Linux (free) program out there for almost anything there is in Windows. Plus they all come on the disc so you don't have to download anything other then the original *.iso's. If you want to download Linux try http://linuxiso.org . I recomend for a noob that you download Red Hat 9. If you feel adventerous you can try Slackware, Debian, Gentoo, or Fedora Core 1 Yarrow. Experiment, find the one you like best.

i'm personaly running Mandrake and is a cute to my eyes. it's more stable than windows but no idea about Red hat vs Mandrake for the reason that i've never used that distro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom