A Disk Read Error Occurred. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart. HELP!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey mate, ive got the exact same problem right now. same problem with the win xp disc as well, just says "inspecing hardware configuration" then goes blank.
Seagate barracuda 200gig 7200rpm

Sui said:
Can you even access your harddrive from a boot disk?

yes.

I think this guy is having more problems then what it seems like. If the BIOS or CMOS setup can't even recongize the HD to find the OS files on it the HD might be dead or dieing. I would do some HD diagnostics with the Ultimate Boot disk to determine if the HD is good or bad.

Can be downloaded here, read page to understand how to use it and also look at the many HD diagnostic tools.

http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

Must burn .iso file to blank CD. Using nero or some other program that can burn .iso files.

consolemax_com said:
EricB,

I'm downloading the CD right now from a torrent (DL@300KB/s+ instead of 18KB/s on your host). This way I can get it quickly. :)

Can you run Norton Disk Doctor without being able to boot up?

bradybnmci,

Any other suggestions?

My computer won't even boot up! I'm using a borrowed laptop!

I missed this. yes you can run it from the cd. it will use your ram for extra space instead of your hard drive (50mb).

Ste

the link I sent was an updated version of your bootcd with more tools (the ultimate technicians cd version 3). you might want to try it out

Ste said:
yes.

I think this guy is having more problems then what it seems like. If the BIOS or CMOS setup can't even recongize the HD to find the OS files on it the HD might be dead or dieing. I would do some HD diagnostics with the Ultimate Boot disk to determine if the HD is good or bad.

I was thinking more along the lines that he might have downloaded a virus and it trashed his MBR or partition table, or something along those lines. Hard drive dieing in a single night is something I've never seen, usually it just starts hanging before that happens.

Sui said:
I was thinking more along the lines that he might have downloaded a virus and it trashed his MBR or partition table, or something along those lines. Hard drive dieing in a single night is something I've never seen, usually it just starts hanging before that happens.

if that is the case, he caan use powermax (it's on both cds and it's on my signature) to wipe the hard drive clean, then reinstall windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom