My budget gaming pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

newcement

In Runtime
All right after lots of reading (mainly here) I've put together a list of components for my budget gaming pc:

Main Board: MSI K8N Neo4-F $77
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Skt 939 $125
Memory: Corsair ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) DDR 400 $85
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 6800GS 256MB PCIe $200
Hard Drive: Hitachi 80GB ATA/133 $00 (already own)
Optical Drive: Lite-On 16x IDE DVD-ROM $22
Floppy Drive: Already own
Operating System: Windows XP Home OEM $88
Case: $40 or less (still haven't decided)
Power Supply: Leaning towards a Fortron 400W for $47 or E-Power Puma II 450W for $53
Ending Price is $697 shipped

Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated since you guys know more than I do...Thanks.

Lite-On is the budget brand of optical devices. It might pay is u get a more known brand sony,pioneer....

WinXP, might be worth the extra buck or two for Pro...but looks good for a budget-gamin' PC...for sure!:)

newcement said:
So is lite-on unreliable or??? Thanks for the replies. :D

Well they are all in the same price range, I use an LG, but I believe Sony and Pioneer are probably the best. However, I doubt you'll have any issues with a Lite-on brand.

Well it depends on if $25 is a big deal to you. To me it isnt, so I would spend another $25. But, you can overclock the 3000 to the same frequency as the 3200; on the other hand you can obviously O/C the 3200 higher....

make sense?

newcement, I was in the same situation as you 2 days ago, I went with the 3200. Although it's only 200mhz, you wont have that feeling saying 'I wish I would have gotten the 3200..'
Also, as vader said, it will overclock better, and it's only 25$ difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom