why is this card so FReakin expensive?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They suck in gaming because their drivers aren't optimized for it. You would be better off getting a much cheaper GeForce 7 series card.

Yeah, the other reason it costs so much is because they don't move a lot of their product. So then they have to charge more to make up for design/development. It's way harder to make a turn-around on those kinds of cards.

Ryan

beedubaya said:
They suck in gaming because their drivers aren't optimized for it. You would be better off getting a much cheaper GeForce 7 series card.

Thats right.

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
Yeah, the other reason it costs so much is because they don't move a lot of their product. So then they have to charge more to make up for design/development. It's way harder to make a turn-around on those kinds of cards.

Ryan

And thats wrong.

They're REALLY good, but they don't have the drivers for them to work in games.

What? Dude... That's blatantly not even true. They're not that good. If they were, they'd be modding these cards for gaming units and the companies would give them drivers. That's absurd that you think that I'm wrong. I know for a FACT that the price is higher because they don't move as much of the product. It's a simple law of economics. To maintain profit and to meet costs, you raise the price to an amount where you meet costs. That's a general rule of economics. I don't even see how you can say that Flanker. I figured you'd know better than to post something like that.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:

Ryan

Not much design involved

these cards as well as the wildcat cards appear here every few months.

Theres ALWAYS a post "WHATS UP WITH THIS CARD!?" that contains one of these cards made for CAD and things such as that.

I remember one person said "Wildcats....never heard of them they must suck"

and it was like a $1500 workstation card.

ahh yes ignorance is bliss

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
What? Dude... That's blatantly not even true. They're not that good. If they were, they'd be modding these cards for gaming units and the companies would give them drivers. That's absurd that you think that I'm wrong. I know for a FACT that the price is higher because they don't move as much of the product. It's a simple law of economics. To maintain profit and to meet costs, you raise the price to an amount where you meet costs. That's a general rule of economics. I don't even see how you can say that Flanker. I figured you'd know better than to post something like that.

Ryan

So better things shouldn't be priced higher? The only reason that the FX-57 is a $1000 processor is because not many people buy it? Not because it is the best?

Actually, I figured YOU'D know better than that. Those cards are used to CREATE the REALLY high-end graphics that would make Dual 7800GTX suffer. Yea, I guess in theory you could make drivers that would make them work with games, but who wants a card that can run BF2 at max 10 times over? Only those with really unlimited budgets would even go for them. For the rest of us a single 7800GTX is fine for maxing out BF2...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom