ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I've been hearing about that liquid metal cooling for a while...supposed to keep it at ambient temperatures or below even though I don't understand how that's possible considering the law of physics, but MEH what do I know......nothing when it comes to physics beyond what goes up must come down :p

Nubius said:
yeah I've been hearing about that liquid metal cooling for a while...supposed to keep it at ambient temperatures or below even though I don't understand how that's possible considering the law of physics, but MEH what do I know......nothing when it comes to physics beyond what goes up must come down :p

Liquid metal is nothing bud a fad. A very unpopular fad. The heat has NO where to go, and stays stuck in the case, so temps might improve like a few degrees, but hardly noticable from a copper hS/FAN and def not more than a Dual slot aftermarket HS/Fan.

Havoc has too much time on his hands. I usually just take all heatsinks off and let my cpu and gpu be free like God intended.

WDF...liquid metal cooling...well if you have to keep the metal hot enough that it stays melted, then wouldn't that make your videocard HOTTER? :p

No. The metal is is liquid at room tempature. It also will also solve the noise problem with the R520, because liquid metal cooling is silent. It is pushed around with electro magnets. There are no moving parts, except the liquid metal.

Haha, nice one notquitedead, that pretty much shoots down Havok's 800MHz whatever it was :classic: .

Just for the record, I didn't believe you, so now I can call you a Friggin' Noob :p...

****. I'm sure saphire won't just cancel the project, I mean ati HAS to do SOMETHING with this monster 512mb 7800gtx, mabey they'll just slap on a big ass two slot heatsink with heatpipes just like the 512mb 7800gtx, but I don't think they will get it to 800mhz on air... to bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom