Mouse lag in game

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Hybrid 6800
Logitech MX 310 mouse
Flexiglow XRaider mouse

(I searched for mouse lag and didn't come up with much)

So I just got my second replacement 6800 from Asus. Uninstalled drivers first then installed fresh updated Nvidia drivers. Looks nice.

The first game I try to play is the demo for The Suffering, that came on a Maximum PC CD.

Both mice lag so much, I have the res on the game way down to 800x600 and the mouse still lags. I check the mouse settings, but that doesn't help. I tried the XRaider first, then the Logitech.

All uneccesary background programs are stopped.

The only time a mouse has lagged on a game like this is when I had my old FX5200 and I tried to play FEAR with it.

I know this must be the most simple thing to fix, but my mind is just blank right now.

Are there any settings I need to change in the game or in mouse settings?

a lagging mouse means your CPU is heavily loaded. the mouse needs to interrupt the CPU when it moves, and sometimes if the CPU is busy it will keep processing what it's doing for a while before it "listens" to the mouse

you can turn on Hyperthreading (if it is not already) so that you have 2 virtual CPU's. that means the mouse can work on the second virtual CPU while the first is busy
or you can close some programs you don't want/need open

I don't think it would be the cpu load on this case... hes not running that terrible of a system. His processor is up for the challenge ( so intel says ).

Is this a wireless mouse ?

Does your mouse lag in only games ?
Does it ever lag while watching a movie or anything like that ?
ex: while maybe burning a cd or dvd ?

The only time a mouse on this comp has been lagging was when I had an old vid card and tried to play FEAR. So, it's only just in this game when the mouse lags.

They are both wired, I don't like wireless.
I can be encoding a DVD or ripping a DVD and it'll act normal.
I can be watching a video and be doing five other things with no lag.
Spyware/adware/virus free

I have no idea under what load though. When I check out the task manager, the system idle process is always at 99, like it should be. And there are no background programs running either.

The problem with FEAR was because of the inferior video card I used. FEAR plays excellent with my 6800. I was making a point of the only time my mouse lagged like this is when I had my old old FX5200 in the comp.

I thought that the demo may need a patch or an update, but I can't find a update option.

ohGrFreak said:
The problem with FEAR was because of the inferior video card I used. FEAR plays excellent with my 6800. I was making a point of the only time my mouse lagged like this is when I had my old old FX5200 in the comp.

So you have a new card now and everythings fine?? Im confused...

I have a new card (a replacement 6800), but, in The Suffering, the mouse lags. I have the 6800 in right now, and the mouse lags with that one game.

The mouse has never lagged before with this card, ever. The only time the mouse has ever lagged was with an old video card, a 5200.

Just making the point that the mouse has never lagged on this setup. The only time it has lagged was with an old old video card.

I was trying to give you an example so you'd have more information to work with.

Sorry for the confusion, it's weird that I have a Hybrid 6800 and a 3.2P4 with 1 gig of Dual Channel and this is happening.

EDIT FEAR plays flawlessly with this 6800, with no mouse lag.

Alright, I guess it's just the game, all other graphic intense games work great. It's just "the suffering" that the mouse messes up on.

I'll try to find a patch somewhere, if not, I give up, LOL.

Thanks for all the help and sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom