6800GS Pipelines Unlockable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be that they're breaking one of the extra 4 pipes. They did that on my POS (hopefully temporary) x700. There's 12 pipes, but they 'broke' one so we can't unlock the last set of 4. I thought this was an entirely new chipset though. I figure they wouldn't even HAVE the extra pipes there.

Ryan

Nubius said:
by the time the 6800GS is out and people have it or are really looking into unlocking pipelines, this thread won't even be on this page anywhere near the top and people will still create these threads.

Hmm... its out... dumbass

YanBooth said:
oh, yeah, and it was just about at the top of the page... double dumbass

wtf? Seriously... grow up. Quit calling names. How old are you? Does it really give you a feeling of coolness when you e-diss somebody? I hope so. We'll have a goal to never quite act as stupid as you.

And you wasted 2 posts to say that? What a god-given waste of bandwidth.

Ryan

ANYWAYS, im looking into the pipelines thing for this card. Got some ppl that dont have the cash but want a 6800GT. Also why would RIVAtuner be specific for ATI? Riva is a card name fro Nvidia lol. THe Riva128/128zx ring a bell?

The 6800GS IS the 6800GT in terms of performance. You shouldn't be asking for more when the GS is already a killer deal. If your into unlocking, check out the COnnect 3D X800GTO, This card can unlock to 16 pipes mostly, and can get to X850XT speeds, though XTPE speeds can't be reached regularly because this isn't the GTO squared where you can flash the bios :).

(An aftermarket cooler is needed for the higher clock speeds. The HS/FAN is wimpy)

Yanbooth - go away child....it still amazes me how many people here, ones that I've helped extensively in the past no less...will just come and make assanine comments like this and talk shit.

"Double dumbass?" You in 3rd grade or what?

I meant 'out' as in it's flooded in the market...it's brand new and no one has grabbed it yet muchless tested for 'unlockable pipelines'

Grow up and quit trying to be a hardass online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom