Is this a good cheap computer ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hi
Ok so i'm just about to buy parts for a computer i'm going to build. I wanna know if you think something may underpower the system or be too powerful for the system (no point in getting it because other stuff is too slow anyway). My system is:
Coolermaster centurion 5 case
Gecube X800GTO graphics card
Samsung SpinPoint 250GB SATA2 8MB cache 7200RPM hard drive
1GB of TWINX1024 PC4400 Overclocking RAM
AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Venice Core CPU
ANTEC SMARTPOWER 2.0 500W PSU
Creative SB X-Fi XtremeMusic soundcard
Asus A8R-MVP motherboard
NEC ND-4550 16X DVD writer

It will be a crossfire system and will probably upgrade to a second graphics card in the future so i was wondering if you think the CPU maybe a little underpowered for 2 X800GTO's ?
I will be overclocking everything but i wasn't really sure if i needed the overclocking RAM do i ?
I might upgrade cooling to watercooling in the future for extra overclocking and slience so will i need the OC RAM if i do get watercooling and overclock it more.
I based everthing on best for price and i looked about to see what everyone recommended so this is my final line up.
So what do ya think ??????????

hmm, well I personally prefer nvidia to ati, so I would go with an sli capable 6800 type graphics card - but that's just me.
Otherwise it looks pretty good, no the cpu wont be underpowered, at least I don't think it will.
Maybe get a different motherboard such as a dfi lanparty or an msi mobo.

I doubt they'll make a X800GTO master card. Go with something of compareable performance from nVidia.

RAM's fine. It'll go to 275MHz guaranteed. You could go with PC3200 RAM that overclocks to there, and it would be cheaper, but whatever you want.

Different processor. Its not gonna be too weak, no way. Either go with a 3200+ or a 3700+. They'll be plenty strong, especially overclocked.

Different motherboard. Anything else. Asus + AMD = Trouble.

PcMe; I'm surprised no one's told you this yet, but your Sig's too big.

I'd stick with that Coolermaster centurion 5 case

Thats what I'm planning on buying for my set up:My set up

Unless someone replies to my thread telling me which case to get

I think i'll keep the case as you said harrobikes but with the motherboard can you suggest what to get ???
I'm sticking solidly with the ATI graphics card and i can get a X850 master card as crossfire supports this. The ATI cards are now the best price for performence cards with nivida in the extreme performence market so i'm sticking with ATI. I have done lots of reasearch on the graphics card so i'm pritty sure it's the best!

Just about everyone on this forum will tell you nvidia has a better cost/performance ratio

Thats true when it comes to FPS.

Ive read this a million times from people it sounds like it comes down to...

Nvidia- Higher FPS, less quality
ATI- Lower FPS, higher quality

i would get the x800gto but i would get the dfi nforce4 ultra-d motherboard and as somone else said asus+amd = trouble :(

I would 100% with the DFI lanparty UT but it doesn't have SATA 2 compatiablity and my hard drives sata 2 so i would be limiting the hard drive's capabliltys. Do you know if DFI are comming out with a SATA 2 version of there crossfire board????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom