What Percent Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blah, AMD vs. Intel is ridiculous now. Benchmarks have proved over and over and over again that AMD destroys Intel in games (Athlon 64 3200+ > Pentium 4 XE 3.73GHz in BF2).

How many people do videoencoding compared to every other task out there? Have you ever even made a fraps movie? :rolleyes:

BTW; Nice one Harper.

Flanker said:
How many people do videoencoding compared to every other task out there? Have you ever even made a fraps movie? :rolleyes:

Well when someone says AMD is the best in everything. I will shoot back with some other facts.

The "you" in my post wasn't really directed at you, sorry if it sounded like it was.

And I'm all for saying that Intel is better in videoencoding...because it is. You should talk to my friend :) Now theres a guy that thinks he knows everthing. And yet, just yesterday he was saying, "Intel isn't better anymore dude, Athlon 64s own everything now." When I asked him to explain why, he just rolled his eyes.

[/offtopic]

well....actually uzi does make quite a few movies...he's posted a few on here before.

i'll hafta do this when i get my new computer running, i think i'll score in the top :D. i'd just say look at my sig but.......it was "too big"

Flanker, the AMD thing does just get blown out of proportion. Yes, all the bench's show better FPS with AMD's, but trust me, it really just comes down to GFX card.

All three of my buddies that I game with have AMD's. Two have 3200's and one has a 3000. One has a 6800GT, the other 2 have 6600GT's.

I can see no difference what so ever in actual game play between mine and the guy with the 6800GT. And of course, my system far out performs the 2 with 6600GT's.

The differences in benches are really just good to look at on paper, it just doesn't end up making that big of a real world difference.

idiotec said:
Flanker, the AMD thing does just get blown out of proportion. Yes, all the bench's show better FPS with AMD's, but trust me, it really just comes down to GFX card.

All three of my buddies that I game with have AMD's. Two have 3200's and one has a 3000. One has a 6800GT, the other 2 have 6600GT's.

I can see no difference what so ever in actual game play between mine and the guy with the 6800GT. And of course, my system far out performs the 2 with 6600GT's.

The differences in benches are really just good to look at on paper, it just doesn't end up making that big of a real world difference.

*Sigh*

I love Xbit Labs... :rolleyes:

Yea, you won't notice the difference between 40fps and 60fps (or 300fps and 400fps) but its obviously there.

Flanker said:
*Sigh*

I love Xbit Labs... :rolleyes:

Yea, you won't notice the difference between 40fps and 60fps (or 300fps and 400fps) but its obviously there.
Yeah, that's what I said, I know the difference is there in benches.

However, it still does get down to how the game actually performs at home, rather than just getting a hard on from a number from an article or a 3dmark score.

yeah but I'd rather see 50FPS in the corner of my screen than 40FPS...because if it goes 5 more below that at 45FPS mine will still be smooth whereas yours at 35FPS will begine to show unsteadiness in the frames.

my3ly.jpg

Im pretty happy with that. Upgrading soon :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom