ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
Though I'm sure it'll go down to $550 sometime.

Sooner than later please. :D PLEASE

Pretty crappy that we are talking about a card lowering in price and it's still $550 :eek:
Just like with gas prices it seems our interpretation of "acceptable" prices has been raised again. Up and up we go.

wedge_00 said:
WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR LAME PUN! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THE TOPIC GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

This topic has been discussed over and over again x 100. It always starts and ends the same. That is the reason for the puns. It's like beating a dead horse. Hence... the blah, blah, blah...

oh well
noob.gif

Flanker said:
7800GTX + normal cooler = fine temps

Hotter 7800GTX + Bigger Cooler = fine temps.
First of all thats not how things work. theinq could only get the 256mb 7800gtx up to 540mhz on water cooling, and here nvidia has it up to 550 on air. The card is going to be hot. end of story. But like the guy above said, it dosnt matter if the card shoots fire, as long as it works, so this is a rather silly argument. And I never said the 512mb 7800gtx would be a complete flop!! Dont put words in my mouth, at 550/1800 the thing will destroy the X1800XT!! BUt I do think at $800 its not going to have a good price/preformance ratio.

Has anyone even seen a 512 GTX card out yet? If not then why are yall shooting prices in their mouths? Like i said before, i really doubt seriously its going to be 800. If i wont pay that much on a FX-57 then i certainly wouldnt pay that much on a video card. IDC if its the 10gig Geforce UberLAN Edition 100,000.

003 said:
End of story.
:rolleyes:

It does what its supposed to...haha, I find that funny. Ofcourse it does what its supposed to, its a videocard. That hasn't been debated at all. Its the overclockability that I question. Yea, ok, it does what its supposed to...at stock, while the 7800GTX overclocked leaves it in the dust.

BTW, how did the 7800 Ultra come into this anyways...:eek:

I thought this whole discussion was about the 512mb 7800gtx ... no? 7800 ultra = 512mb 7800gtx. same thing. technically there is no ultra, its just the 512mb gtx.

God...this thread makes me sad and tired. I'm not even going to reply to that last post...it was so sad...

P.P. Mguire said:
Has anyone even seen a 512 GTX card out yet? If not then why are yall shooting prices in their mouths? Like i said before, i really doubt seriously its going to be 800. If i wont pay that much on a FX-57 then i certainly wouldnt pay that much on a video card. IDC if its the 10gig Geforce UberLAN Edition 100,000.

You haven't been following then. $800 is taken from and aritcle i'm not even going to waste my time looking up again. silly guy ;) I hope it's not going to be that much, but we'll see.

LOL .... Well I just read in maximum PC magazine that ATI will have a SINGLE R520 DUAL GPU CARD available by March with liquid metal cooling. Made by sapphire... With stock 800MHz & 1GIG of DDR4 at 2000MHz... So friggin A!!!

And to all you non-believers...
frigginnoob.jpg

"No animals were harmed in the making of this picture."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom