ASUS K8N-E Deluxe RAM/Sound Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheUser

Beta member
Hello,

I'm new to the forums and was just looking through some post and what not and wasn't really sure on where to put this so I guess I will just put my problem here. Cool

Well to first start off I have an AMD 64 3400+(754) @ 2.58(215x12), 160gb Seagate 7k RPM 8mb, ATi Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb, and 2x512DDR400(supose to be Dual Channel but can't figure out how to put it in Dual Channel) GeIL Ultra @ 2-3-3-6 and well I recently reformated my hard drive just to do a complete redo and well now my board won't read my RAM as DDR400. Only reads at 333. I re positioned my RAM into the 2 and 3rd slot and no go. Then tried 1 and 3(for heat spacing) and still no go. I put everyone on Auto under the RAM settings in my BIOS and still nothing. Then I change the MHz to 400 in the BIOS and still no go. I've completely ran out of ideas on what the hell to do lol.

Then also another problem occured while all this was going on with my sound. It seems to play everything in slow-mo, even vidoes on any Media player I give it. I've updated the drivers for everything and have no updates anywhere for any componets.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum or this isn't the site in general to post this but I've heard there are very smart people here that might be able to help me.

So if any of you could give me some help it would awsome. BTW I have the most updated(non-BETA) BIOS for my board and drivers for everything.

Thanks,
TheUser
James

Thanks for the reply.

But in the manual for the board it says that it will only run at 333 if i put it in 1 & 2. Really starting to make me mad hehe.

Thanks,
TheUser
James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom