ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
003 said:
All the reviews I have read said that while the air coming out the back of the card was some of the hottest they'd ever felt, it didn't stop them from getting some impressive overclocks on stock cooling.

Yes, it didn't stop them. So apparently they don't know when to stop. If I want, I can get 2.8-2.9GHz out of my processor, by my temps would be in the high 60s. It would work, certainly, and it would be on stock cooling, but would I want it? Don't think so...:rolleyes:

Havok, you're just sad that you can't keep up with the technology. We've told you its futile to try.

You act like you know everything when in fact you do not know the maximum temperature the R520 is rated to run at (nor do I). But I do know that the maximum temperature my 6800GT will take before slowing down the core is 135C, so it must be something similar for the R520. Graphics cards run much hotter than CPUs. The only reason the air coming out the back of the R520 was so hot, is because the R520 is the only video card I know of that has a vent on the back allowing the air to come out in the first place. Immagine hot hot the 512MB 7800GTX is going to get.

003 said:
You act like you know everything

I try :)

003 said:
So it must be something similar for the R520.

Must it?

003 said:
Graphics cards run much hotter than CPUs.

No Duh? My 6600GT runs at 80*C.

003 said:
The only reason the air coming out the back of the R520 was so hot, is because the R520 is the only video card I know of that has a vent on the back allowing the air to come out in the first place.

I don't look at how hot the air is, I look at the actual temperature of the core :rolleyes: .

003 said:
Immagine hot hot the 512MB 7800GTX is going to get.

Not very, if the other 7800GTXs and that big-mo-ass-fo cooler on it are any indications.

Believe me, the 7800GTX is going to be one hot son of a *****. A 24 pipe, 110nm core running at 550mhz (some ocd to 580) will be VERY hot. Thats why it has such a big *** cooler.

7800GTX + normal cooler = fine temps

Hotter 7800GTX + Bigger Cooler = fine temps.

The bigger cooler kinda cancels out the hotter temps...its not there for nothing. Yea, if it was a regular cooler, the 7800GTX would definately be hotter, but there IS a huge a$$ cooler there.

I remember you saying that the 512MB 7800GTX would be a waste and a total flop :) Just something I remembered.

Flanker said:
I remember you saying that the 512MB 7800GTX would be a waste and a total flop :) Just something I remembered.

I didn't say that, but at $800 it is just that, there i said it.

Lol, I wasn't talking about you BColes, I meant 003.

But yea, I agree that if the 7800 Ultra comes out at $800, then it IS a total waste of money (unless you have a very very rich uncle). Though I'm sure it'll go down to $550 sometime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom