gaming, and sound problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms0813

In Runtime
well pretty much ive been playing BF2 and been having problems. i was just wandering if wireless internet affects the game performance. because during game play its sometimes slow and skips and cant evan turn around with it taking 5 seconds. also while the game is loading my sound gets fuzzy and sometimes skips. i need some help. i think the 2 main reasons is i need to hook up comcast without using the wireless usb adaptor on my comp and i need more ram. right now i only have 512.

thanks
dave

whoa, 5 seconds literally? this could be cause mainly by your video card.... what video card do you have?

TIP: i would recommend another 512 stick

it is possible that the wireless card could cause that.. Highly doubtable though.. normally signal delays would cause the game to be smooth.. just you can't interact with any response for a sec or two. or delayed response to the game server.

The amount of ram could be a casue depending how much your comp has running in the backround, and what settings you have your game at..

When it freezes is the HDD light solid throughout the entire freeze? if so it's possible it's ram and that's just it Wracking at the page file.

what are your system specs?

also Outside of a game Press CTRL+ALT+DEL then go to task manager, then Performance..

Give Us these totals Physical Memory In detail, Total, available etc
Commit charge, total limit, and peak
and tell what the CPU usage and PF usage when you aren't running any CPU intensive stuff is.

one last thing.. What's the stats on your Main hard drive ?

ANy of these things can cause the problem you mentioned ingame so best to troubleshoot one by one.

wireless definately slows it down...i run wireless on my laptop to play gw and cs1.6....my ping in cs goes from 40 to about 60 or 70 on the same server

also u definately need another stick and u need a good vid card for bf2....mediocre don't cut it on a high demand game like bf2

silentassassin said:
wireless definately slows it down...i run wireless on my laptop to play gw and cs1.6....my ping in cs goes from 40 to about 60 or 70 on the same server

also u definately need another stick and u need a good vid card for bf2....mediocre don't cut it on a high demand game like bf2

he's speaking of performance issues, not latency issues however.

but yea.. I'm assuming he prob needs more ram.

before you upgrade memory.. tell us what motherboard you have.. AS some 754 HATE if you add a 2nd stick of 400mHZ ram and underclock it to 166/333 (no way to change)
if so you have to get a single 1gb for best performance

give us your mem usage and pagefile anyhow though.

im not on my comp right now so ill have to go to the memory usage and stuff like that later. but right now i havent upgraded my video card. everything is how i bought it. im using s754 amd 3200+. i will probly get to corsiar valuesticks 2 512's. and get the eVGA 6600gt and then hook up comcast straight up to my comp. will this hlep?

also make sure you install the latest sound drivers, that fixed an issue i was having with sound playing BF2.

dms0813 said:
im not on my comp right now so ill have to go to the memory usage and stuff like that later. but right now i havent upgraded my video card. everything is how i bought it. im using s754 amd 3200+. i will probly get to corsiar valuesticks 2 512's. and get the eVGA 6600gt and then hook up comcast straight up to my comp. will this hlep?

i highly reccomend being behind a router.. less easy to get hacked that way.
it's normally best to have average protection.. being a router nat and a firewall such as zonealarm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom