Engineering Teacher Claims Mad Overclock

Status
Not open for further replies.
.......that is total crap. 1.7V and 1.6Ghz sounds more like it. You aren't one of those kids that fall asleep during class are you? If so, you probably missed half of what he said.

No. I have his class next semester, I saw him at lunch time when I went in to ask him something about the A+ exam, and he went off on this whole tangent about how "l33t" he was and the wicked comp specs hes packin

lol I'd drop that class ASAP as he's obviously an idiot...you should ask him how he managed to pump 17v through the CPU considering maximum power supply output is 12v

As mentioned, memory controller is known to die on AMD64s after 1.7v or so...even on phase change it's recommended max voltage is +0.4v more than stock voltage...water is 0.3v

That's a good start, but they can be photochopped.
CPU-ID verified link :)

gaara said:

As mentioned, memory controller is known to die on AMD64s after 1.7v or so...even on phase change it's recommended max voltage is +0.4v more than stock voltage...water is 0.3v

Really because I was doing 1.8+ volts :)

Really because I was doing 1.8+ volts
Well I'm not saying you can't exceed 1.7v if you wanted to without the memory controller dying instantly, but you're going to be putting a lot of strain on your core and are most likely greatly decreasing its life

You also have a larger 130nm fabrication if I remember correctly which attributes more durability

gaara said:
Well I'm not saying you can't exceed 1.7v if you wanted to without the memory controller dying instantly, but you're going to be putting a lot of strain on your core and are most likely greatly decreasing its life

You also have a larger 130nm fabrication if I remember correctly which attributes more durability

Yes wide load newcastle :p

AND_YOU_ARE said:
get that sand out of your vagina

I copyrighted that, you can't use it.

-----------------------------------------------------

Can I have your teacher's email address? I need to let him know that the Guiness Book of World Records is looking for him. Also some people from MIT wanted his resume but I told them that even though he is obviously the smartest independent computer genius in the world he would rather make $32,000 a year teaching high school kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom