ATi Chipset........?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok understand what your getting at what im saying is that if you fell that nvidia make a good chipset of any kind dont bad mouth them like alot of people do...people walk around talk about oh nvidia sucks this and nvidia that blah blah blah then dont go get a nforce 2 ultra chipset

Time to corner both sides to neutrality:

- NVIDIA wasn't the first to be accused of performance cheating, if anyone remembers the whole ATI Radeon 8500+Q3A fiasco a while back.

- Back in the day (say 2+ years ago), many shunned ATI's cards due to the numerous driver issues and fickle performance with every driver release, ATI realized their faults and released a near-flawless product (Radeon 9700/9700 Pro). Before this, many considered their products inferior. I still find the Radeon 8500 to be a superior, more advanced chip over the GeForce3/4 anyday (and the Radeon 7200/7500 over the GeForce2), but the majority just couldn't overlook the flaws rather than focus on the strengths; in that day, it was all "ATI sucks, NVIDIA rocks", but most were judging it on ATI's staple production - graphics cards, and ATI produced other products as well, which were very good products, but the public had very little idea about them since ATI promotes mainly their graphics card products. The current NVIDIA graphics card products have both strengths and flaws on both sides of the spectrum, but most people would prefer to look on the bad side of things (for example, the media does the same; people would rather watch news on a catastrophic event rather than something good being done for the community). The hardware enthusiast community, from what I've seen, is generally more focused on graphics cards over motherboard chipsets. The consumer has the choice for what he/she wants, and whatever suits the person. As long as people purchase nForce chipsets and are happy with it, NVIDIA needs not to worry in that department, however, constructive criticism is what NVIDIA needs to improve flaws in their products.

But in the end, it's just hardware, guys; NVIDIA's going through some hard times in the graphics card dempartment right now, but I'm certain things will turn around for the better in the not-so-distant future. Now to combat both sides, "Fanboyism/fangirlism" is something I don't tolerate; don't badmouth anything based on flaw(s), just stick with the corporation's better product, and excessive praise is something I'm not fond of either, if the product is extraordinary, great. It's all up to the consumer. Free choice is one of the ideals of capitalism. End of story.

I'm feeling a extremely light headed, so I hope that little analogy above worked for any of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom