cmd utility coming with Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

zillah

In Runtime
I am looking for a utility with more features than cmd default utility comes with WinOS

Are you talking about a DOS based app that can run in windows instead of the Command prompt that Windows gives?

Are you talking about a DOS based app that can run in windows
I meant in windows :

Start->run->cmd.

DOS utility pops up and we can type in many commands like: ping, ipconfig, arp -a---etc.

Yes we can called it DOS based app that can run in windows.

Can that one be replaced with another one with more featuers ?

Like notepad we can replace it with another program.

Yes there is an app that can basically replace the cmd prompt. Try here and see what you can find.

try minGW-------its a version of the BASH shell but it runs in windows, it alows you to run the usual unix commandline apps, compile C programs(even linux ones), and run native windows apps as well

to compile stuff you will need the developer toolkit-->DTK as well

you will also need some basic unix commandline skills, but its a very effective way of getting things done

windows as of yet does not have anything even close to what POSIX compliant systems offer

I believe FreeDOS is the application that will work like DOS under XP. I will have to see as i think there are more available i just couldnt find them yet.

Thanks for that.

because while I was reading through the link that you post, I could not find which one is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom