Computer error with HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marygila

Beta member
I had been using this 150Gb Western Digital external hardrive for 6 months, and it gave me no problem until now. Whenever I turned the HD , the Windows Explorer error report would just pop up and when I try to click anything on the HD my comp would just freeze. I'm not sure what is wrong, I just reformated my comp two weeks ago and installed the CD that came with the HD. But the first few days after I reformat my comp the error didn't showed up. I tried restarting the comp and try again, but the same thing just happened.
I think that the problem is not with the external HD as I tried it on my friend's comp and it worked, there must be something wrong then with my computer. Help me plss..

THe hardrive is connected to my comp by USB 2.0 wire.

The external HD is FAT 32.

My computer system HD is NTFS.

But the first few days after I reformat my comp the error didn't showed up.

Hi

After you reformated did you install your motherboard drivers?You can go into your control panel and click system,hardware,divice manager and see if your USB is ok without no errors..

It should be ok,as I don't see any cross sign at USB controllers. What it the motherboard drivers? I'm not sure what it is.

Hey

When you set up your computer or reformat you need to reinstall the drivers from the motherboard disk or restore disk that came with the computer.If you used a system restore disk you probably have all the drivers installed.
Ill give you a link that may be of some help.
http://www.usbman.com/ not sure if this will help but cant hurt either.Good luck and ill look some more also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom