Computer not recognising CD-rom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lileane

Beta member
Hi guys,

I'm an extremely ignorant person when it comes to technology so sorry if this question seems ridiculous.

I recently purchased a new mp3 player (iRiver). It came with a CD with its software, iRiver plus. When I inserted the disk into my desktop, nothing happened, the drive works for a few seconds and then completely stops and the computer shows no sign of recognising the presence of the disk at all.

I've tried putting in CD's and DVD's that I have at home and they all work without a problem.

I inserted the iRiver disk into my dad's laptop and it worked as it should have, a window popping up with installation instructions.

Both computers are running on Windows XP...

Thanks!

The computer may not be set to auto start your cd rom drive.Just go into start,my computer and you will see the cd rom drive listed there.double click on the icon for your cd rom and it will start the program.

Hummm I should have mentioned...

I have tried going through My Computer and nothing shows up under the drive, all other programs stating "No disc in drive." I also tried to type the .exe program into the "Run" function but it couldn't be found.

how old is ur computer?

if its really old, it might make some problems, and check is there is any dust on the reader of your drive.

this happened to me with other disks, i opened the cd drive and cleaned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom