ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my new GFX (7800GTX) card performs awesome compared to my other gaming rig that has a 6800gt, and I've noticed a huge diffrance without ocing it either.PLus even if the ATI card is compared to the 7800 I still wouldnt recomend it to anybody just cuase of the fact that it is a ATI Which I had bad experiance with my ATi card.

Once you go nvidia you dont go back.

Nubius said:
well if you look at blah for the blah blah...you can blahly see that nvidia has blah blah blah compared to ATI....however ATI did blah blah blah blah for that bit a couple months ago, but it's pretty blah blah blah blah blah blah if you think about it. I don't know about the rest of you blah blah blah blah, but nvidia blah, definitely blah, but at the same time, ATI DID blah blah in the market.

I think that pretty much blah blah blah the entire argument

i got lost after the second blah >_<

Hey guys just wanted to get some opinions and chats but yet some douches decided it would be funny to post that lame joke everywhere...

WHO CARES ABOUT YOUR LAME PUN! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DISCUSS THE TOPIC GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

I'm just sick of people in these forums who cut down on other peoples opinions, and if you think this thread is bad that's totally cool to respond but to post the same joke a million times, yeesh!!

In the words of Colin Quinn "Shut UP! Stupid!!!":p

I can't wait to experience my 7800GT when it comes in. I thought my 6800GT blew my X800 Pro out of the water...so the 7800GT should be one real treat.

I think i'll go with the x1800 xt in a few weeks. the 7800 gtx 512 just doesn't sit well with me even it it does push a few more frames.

BColes said:
I think i'll go with the x1800 xt in a few weeks. the 7800 gtx 512 just doesn't sit well with me even it it does push a few more frames.

Are you sure? You do know that ATI's drivers suck so bad that it usually takes a couple of months after a game's release before it plays decently on ATI cards. Even then, they are well behind Nvidia. They do kick butt in 3dMark05 though, so you just have to choose whats more important to you. 3dMark05? Or real games?

beedubaya said:
Are you sure? You do know that ATI's drivers suck so bad that it usually takes a couple of months after a game's release before it plays decently on ATI cards. Even then, they are well behind Nvidia. They do kick butt in 3dMark05 though, so you just have to choose whats more important to you. 3dMark05? Or real games?

Make a suggestion that isn't the 7800 GTX or costs $800 and can perform on par with the x1800xt and don't preach to me about the 3dmark05 BS. thanks anyways. ;)

I want to add this: 99% of the time i don't buy a game until it's been out for a while. the other 1%... BF2!! :p

Well, just to let you know, BF2 ran like crap on ATI when it first came out. I could barely run it on my computer having an X800 Pro. Plus, thats when I had a CRT and was running it at 1024x768. After a few driver releases though, BF2 ran much, much better. FEAR was the same way, except I'm not waiting around for ATI to get a FEAR driver out. Quake 4 just barely played at all.

^^ I didn't have a problem with BF2 from day 1 on an ATI card. looks like you just got unlucky. pro blow by the way. Luck seems to determine a lot with computer hardware. If it works well people seem to stick with that company i.e. nvidia, ati, amd, intell, etc. I've always had success with ATI so i'll stick with that. I'm also on a P4 right now and it's been great but i'm switching to AMD soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom