AMD 3000 or 3200?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcMe

Daemon Poster
Will I experience much of a difference(socket 939)? I found the 3000 for 125$ off monarch computers, but the 3200 isn't much more, being 155$.
Here's the deal, today I'm going to buy a case, motherboard, cpu, and possibly memory. Right now I only have 512mb memory, and I would like much more.
So since I'm on a budget, I can either get the 3000 and corsair 1gig memory
or 3200 and wait a while for memory

Main question - will I experience a large difference?
Thank you

will you be overclocking?

i would get the 3200 now even though its 20 or so bucks higher, its worth it :D... the ram will always be there..

Okay, but when I play games, I'll only have 512mb of ram until I upgrade. Will this slow things down a lot?

It depends what games you play. If you're into the newer games like BF2 and FEAR, then yeah, you'll definately notice a difference with the RAM. I have my 3000+ overclocked to 2.5Ghz on stock cooling, which is just a bit faster than the 3800+ Venice. Both processors overclock well, but if you really want to be gaming as soon as possible, I say go with the 3000+ and the extra RAM.

Nevermind, I convinced my parents to let me buy the 3200 and ram :D
But with this being said, that means I COULD get the motherboard I want and a 3700, and get memory later.
Yes/no?

all up to how much your willing to spend :D (or whoever is supplying the money) and just make sure it all fits :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom