Dual monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

woot7800GT

Daemon Poster
Would there be any negative effects, performance wise of adding a 2nd LCD monitor? My parents are buying a new monitor and I'll probably take their old one to run a dual monitor setup. Does it cause extra strain on the GPU?

For my Dual monitor set up, i use a program called UltraMon. it manages the two monitors very well. but just so you know, when you hook up an extra monitor you'll need to enable nvidia dualview. it consists of alot of reboots at first, but its worth it. I've been using dual monitors for about a year now, and i honestly don't think i can go back to a single monitor set up, it just gives you so much room to work with in windows. for games, you'll need to disable the 2nd monitor, you can do that just by right clicking on the ultramon icon in the taskbar, or in your display properties.

there is no performance decrease with dual monitors because you have to disable one to play games anyway. however, when i'm in the desktop and browsing the net or whatever, my GPU is warmer than if it was using a single screen.

do it! its worth its weight in gold!!!

I've done it before using a little 13 inch TV but it was worthless. The nvidia software is easy enough to configure, I'll give it a shot.

oh yeah, UltraMon also extends the taskbar onto the 2nd screen and allows for panoramic wallpapers, or 2 different wallpapers, one on each screen.

here's what it looks like:

30d8465b.jpg

yeah, ultramon's free, and it sometimes conflicts, but all you need to do if it does is re-enable the 2nd screen in your display properties

its only a trial you have to pay for like after 30 days but you can just download it again and it will work forever for some reason :confused: i dont get how you can use only 1 monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom