No HardDrive ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avalanch3

Daemon Poster
when i go to install any of the windows on a machine it says in the setup screen...no hard drive was found press F3 to exit and reboot....but i know that there is a hard drive in there and working because it has windows xp on it at the moment...and that works perfectly fine...

any idea why i cant install a diffrent windows ??:confused:

install it from windows and do a new install. Did you boot from it? Is it a running os right now?

i did boot from it...its has Win XP Pro on it at the moment...and im trying to install Server2000 onto it...so wen i boot from either the xp or server2000 cd...it gets to the blue install screen..then u press enter to start and it says...there was no hard drive found press F3 to reboot...

everything is on default...i only just tuned the pc on and tried to install server2000
its basicly saying there is no HDD there when there is....and the HDD is working fine...
i tried to install it from within XP but it wont let me cause XP is a newer version so it disables the setup :confused:

I would just use a win 98 bootdisk and delete the partition and make a new one and format it and then instal it, you cant install an older os on a newer system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom