NEED HELP urgently !!...PLZ HELP !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT

Baseband Member
ok well heres my problem......

i recently brought a new computer and put it together myself, ive had ALOT of problems, ive build many computers and this was the worst.....i brought a AMD 64 x2 3800+, MSI K8N diamond SLI mobo, 2X 1 gig generic ram, and a MSI 7800GTX and im running it all on a 480W power supply.....now at first i had alot of trouble updating my system's bios and such just to recognise the dual core and everything, so i got that stable but now my computer after running if i restart due to a new install of a program or just choose to turn my computer off, which isnt very much it never reboots back to windows, it will just sit at the windows load screen ....:( and i dont know what to do, i decided that my ram may be faulty or my mobo doesnt like it so i replaced it with sum old 2X 256 sticks and that seemed to work for a while but then i got a blue screen so i placed my new ram back in and still cant get to windows......i can get into safe mode and such but just cant get pastthat load screen.

I thought many it could be my power supply but i have a watt reader and it says im using ALOT less watts than 480....so im soo confused, any ideas would be much appreicated..

thanks.

I am still leaning towards the PSU... I have never seen that kind of machine run on anything less that a good 500w ( and that was low)

Have you tried booting up with only 1 stick of your RAM to make sure ITs not the RAM ?

hmm so know one thinks its the ram ?.....im not quite sure what this means but when i right click on my computer and it reads ur computer specs, it used to have "Physical adress extension" written under the ram but it fails to have that now ??...is that anything to do with it ?

hmm ill go and try all the combinations and sticks i can....i just hope i get this working as this is my first day away from school ! :D i finished school forever yesterday YAY !!!!

Hmmm....ok well now i need ur help again, ok so ive got windows booted.....but now it cant find my mass storage controller drivers....and the problem is, when i try and install them, it doesnt let me !!!!!!.....HELP !

um it says unable to install driver....it just doesnt let me :(.....this was one of the problems i had when installing windows in the forst place and i have no idea how to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom