OCing 3000+ Venice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also if your board can utilise the 1T command there is no loss of bandwidth at a low RAM speed like mine, than 2T at 215Mhz ish.

That was benchmarked with sandra, 3dmark03/05 and got a better rating with SuperPI!

I cannot get my Value RAM to run in 1T mode in anything but the 133 divider if i clock my cpu above 2.35ghz.

So the moral of the story is that if you plan to overclock you can't skimp on RAM. Believe me:)

I did. It's the weirdest thing. I have value ram and CPU-z says it's running at 250mhz, which is the HTT that my processor is running at. 250x9=2250mhz. I'll start a thread about that instead...

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
I did. It's the weirdest thing. I have value ram and CPU-z says it's running at 250mhz, which is the HTT that my processor is running at. 250x9=2250mhz. I'll start a thread about that instead...

Ryan

Yeah but your not running in dual channel mode with 1.5gb RAM. I bet my memory bandwidth is better with my lowly speed and diveder. Test with sandra and see what you get.

Originally posted by Sh0r_ty
my value ram does 230htt 1:1 devider with 3-3-3-5 1t timings

That's cool. But that's only if you run your CPU at 2.3Ghz. Your not running it with those timings and a 1:1 divider now. Which was my point. You won't get any value RAM doing 270mhz stable.

your ram will do what you set the HTT too which is OCing your cpu and ram at the same time so shorty's valueram is doing 230mhz

PZEROFGH said:
your ram will do what you set the HTT too which is OCing your cpu and ram at the same time so shorty's valueram is doing 230mhz

Yes i know that. But he's not running his RAM at 230mhz as his sig says he's running his CPU at 2.7ghz.
Do you see now?

yes he is running a memory divider but his memory is doing 230mhz which is very good for valueram

His memory would have to be running at 225Mhz with his RAM set at 166Mhz in the BIOS. It's either that, or his CPU is only at 2.3Ghz, so either way, he's lying. :)

Silver Shamrock said:
Yeah but your not running in dual channel mode with 1.5gb RAM. I bet my memory bandwidth is better with my lowly speed and diveder. Test with sandra and see what you get.

I'm running in dual channel mode. 2x256 and 2x512 = 1.5 gigs... That's about the thousandth time I've been told that... I think people assume an odd number means no dual channel.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom