What's up with all the Opterons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reggie your ram runs at 400MHZ? I know its intel and its different, but I don't think PC3200 were meant to run that high, or is it even possible?

Anyways, if you're going to overclock, get MSI, and probably a couple sticks of higher end ram.

Is there anyone who did any benchmarks with Opterons, in terms of gaming performance, is it like basically identical to San Diegos?

CPUZ sais that it's running at 200mhz but Intel has that quad-pupm thingy so it runs in a 1:1 ratio with the cpu bus speed (800). I was thinking of getting an MSI but I'm going to go with a DFI-Lanparty and this ram. I can't afford much more I'm only 16, If the ram bottlenecks my overclock I'll a divider or something.

you better buy an opteron now or its worthless because they arent OCing as well as before

PZEROFGH said:
you better buy an opteron now or its worthless because they arent OCing as well as before

But from a non-overclocking point of view, it's still a great deal (in my opinion).

Even if I'd get one, I wouldn't overclock it.

It's a little to pricy right now, is there a slower one that would overclock just as nicley?(and of course cheaper)

Yes, MSI are good boards for overclocking, I was thinking of going with one until I saw trhe DFI-Lanparty. If my budget allows I'll go with the DFI, but if it doesn't I'll go with the MSI NEO-4 Platnium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom