In need of advice about a graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're wanting pretty much the highest settings with good resolutions, then stick with a 6800 series. The 6600GT is the best bang/buck card right now, but will soon become just not quite enough. If you're planning on upgrading to PCIe, then I'd go with the new 6800GS. It's 200 bucks on newegg. I would buy it if I had the cash! It performs similarly to a 6800GT, but costs less. Go figure. If you can't quite afford it though, get the 6800 vanilla, or the 6600GT.

Ryan

If You want a new mobo then you gotta get a new mobo and graphics cards. Your sig says Geforece 256mb 8x AGP. Dosent really say WHAT you have, give us some #s. If you have a 6600 (for example) then getting the 6600GT wouldnt be much of an upgrade. GOing PCIE would be your best bet for upgradibility. Im pretty flakey on the 6800GS so i will recomend what i have and thats a 6800GT. Great card right there.

P.P. Mguire said:
If You want a new mobo then you gotta get a new mobo and graphics cards. Your sig says Geforece 256mb 8x AGP. Dosent really say WHAT you have, give us some #s. If you have a 6600 (for example) then getting the 6600GT wouldnt be much of an upgrade. GOing PCIE would be your best bet for upgradibility. Im pretty flakey on the 6800GS so i will recomend what i have and thats a 6800GT. Great card right there.
Actually, the 6600gt benchmarked close to 2x the benchmarks of the 6600 in various stress tests.
I sent back my 6600 and got a 6600gt just a while ago, I can't use the 6600gt yet though, since I bought it for pci-e and I only have agp at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom