error after norton install

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
Ever since i upgraded my norton internet security to a newer version i get internet explorer scripting errors, always the same one. Any ideas why?
error3rw.png

Norton is the devil... but you can turn off the script errors if you would like. Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Dissable Script Debugging ( under the browser title )

nope they are already shut off there is one box that you have to check and one that you have to uncheck and it does not help

lol you probably know what Im going to say next...

Uninstall Norton Internet Security.
I have seen nothing good from installing Norton Ever

ya i would but its not my computer its my dads im not a big fan of it either he buys it puts it on and wants me to fix it lucky me

ok so i unistalled norton and i was still getting the message, so i reinstalled it again since that was not the problem apparently. I did delete all the temp files at location on the message: c:\documents and settings\owner\local settings\temp.
I also set the security settings, internet options- security, back to the default. It seems like i had fixed it. The message had not appeared all night. Then this morning it was back. Could spyware be causing this?

bradybnmci said:
Can you default your browser so there is no conflicts between the 2 ?
How do you do this with internet explorer?

Have you tried using FireFox with the norton ? [/B]

No i have not tried it. I suppose i could to see if it works but its my dads computer and that would be like teaching an old dog new tricks. Ya you say its just a new web browser but some people have trouble with the easiest of tasks.

msn is installed but is not used. I believe it loads automatically when windows starts but never logs on. I will check that also when i get a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom