Critique my build #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
phil, although the 754 is cheaper, the 939 would be more upgradable. Although you say you would rather not upgrade, it would be smarter to spend the 20$ extra to get the 939

Thanks for everyone's patience with me, this is my 1st build so i have lots of questions.

I still don' understand why everyone says to ge the 939 if im not going to be upgrading anything. The 754 3700 w/ mobo is 210, whereas the cheapest 939+mobo combo is 259 and thats a 3000. Which of these 2 is faster?

Should I get DDR ram or dual channel with the 754???

How many fans should I get and what size?

Are there any cables or other small parts that I should pick up for my first build that aren't included with the parts i've picked ou??

Any thing else I should know before making a final decision?

I made a S754 and S939 system and compared them when I was building my setup.

Turns out they weren't too entirely different in price. It's definitely one of those things that, you can gain twice as much with a few extra bucks.

Also:

<-----Maxtor fan. Some of these folks on here like to flame away when they yield absolutely no experience with certain parts. Maxtor HD's seems to be the bandwagon for spouting off unwanted opinions here. I own a Maxtor, and I have no problem. Bottom line. Seagate and WD are nice too. :)

i wouldnt shoot for that psu someone recommended either, to get a good psu be willing to spend about 50-55 bucks USD at the LEAST. Click on my link in my sig and look at section 4 and see if that answers anything.. be sure to read ALL of it

Remember, cheap psus could also zap other hardware

yes static is uber right....u want a p.i.m.p. psu...like a 500W neoheo....or a 450 neo...cheap psu is not the way to go.....
also i dont' know how the conversions for canada go n stuff plus i dunno who delivers up there
also even though u don't wanna upgrade...i would still go with 939 cuz once a processor goes out...so does anything that worx with it...they just don't make it anymore and if they do it costs a lot...so if something goes bad...u gotta spend lots o money to fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom