Amd>intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice Daddy

Fully Optimized
I was working on an old computer the other day, but I couldn't get the xp cd to install on it...

the computer had a 30Gig HD, 315MB Ram, and PIII at 733Mhz

it had plenty for office, music, and burning cds, basically all it was being used for...

so... I put the hd into my computer(amd based) and installed xp... once it finnished(no errors) I put it back into the other pc...

but right before it gets to the xp loading screen, I get the BSOD(blue screen of death)!!

everything checks out, the ram is ok, I've checked all the cards installed(two networking cards) psu's ok, processor, and cd drive... and as far as all that goes, so is the motherboard...

ok, hmmm...

what I'm wondering is if someone (ie:me) were to install xp on an amd based system, then put that hard drive into an intel based system...

could that cause the BSOD

I did a repair, (the driver installations took the longest) but now it works...

sooooo.... long story short, I came to the conclusion that windows xp installed on an amd based machine, the that hd inserted into an intel based sytem will cause problems

can anyone verify this, or provide more insight?

No, processsors don't have anything to do with it, its just that the BIOS or CMOS setup doesn't know where to find the operating system because the OS wasn't installed with that motherboard and HD, thats what happens when you have a HD with an OS on it and you attach to differe't mobo. This is why it works when you do a repair because it shows the BIOS/CMOS setup to the Operating system files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom