ATI, finally got NVIDIA on the Ropes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flanker said:
As far as overclocking goes; you know how you're supposed to stop overclocking when a CPU/GPU gets too hot? Well...these cards come "too hot" at stock :) .
All the reviews I have read said that while the air coming out the back of the card was some of the hottest they'd ever felt, it didn't stop them from getting some impressive overclocks on stock cooling. ATI also claimed that people should easily hit 10k in 3dmark05 with air cooling, but yeah I think nivida is going to shatter the X1800XT with the 512mb 7800gtx... I wonder how ati will respond to that...

lol, yeah rite, but still the 7800GTX 512mb looks like it is going to crush the X1800XT. everytime ATI looks like it has the upper hand, nVidia puts them down...for the 10 billionth time

I wouldnt say that, the 9*** series had the FX series by the bawls. I wuld know cause i have one of each in my house right now and my moms 9600XT whoops arse on my 5600ultra. Besides i look at things this way. How long has the 7800GTX been out and how long has the X1800XT been out? Its taken ATI THIS long to bring something out while Nvidia is most likely already on the next project.

hmmm... for some strange reason... every post in this thread looks like this...

Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. Blah Blah Blah Blah... Blah... Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....Blah. Blah... (ATI) Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah. Blah! Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah. Blah Blah Blah Blah... Blah... Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah....Blah. (NVIDIA) Blah... Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah...Blah, Blah, Blah. Blah!

well if you look at blah for the blah blah...you can blahly see that nvidia has blah blah blah compared to ATI....however ATI did blah blah blah blah for that bit a couple months ago, but it's pretty blah blah blah blah blah blah if you think about it. I don't know about the rest of you blah blah blah blah, but nvidia blah, definitely blah, but at the same time, ATI DID blah blah in the market.

I think that pretty much blah blah blah the entire argument

P.P. Mguire said:
I wouldnt say that, the 9*** series had the FX series by the bawls.

I agree... and I hate to say it, but a lot of people around here sound like nVidia fanboys... They just talk about how awesome nVidia is, and while their arguments may be justified, sometimes they seem to forget that it hasn't always been that way. For me, it's all about price/performance. (ATI or nVidia, doesn't matter) I know a lot of you must be the same, but I just had to put in my two cents.

Oh, and to those that reply with, "I'm not an nVidia fanboy, nVidia is just better." I will reply with, "Sounds like something an nVidia fanboy would say." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom