Need Opinions On This Build!!! Please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
eh, not common for BFG but every company has its cons. I personnally have never owned a BFG.. i got that from stories about them frying, for example, beed's :(

XFX heatsinks aren't always gonna die on you but they don't exactly provide a adequate cooling system either..... Leadtek, i know with there 7800 series have a more than adequate cooler.

The problem that groups like BFG and XFX will OC the card which is great but sometimes the heatsinks and fan can't keep up entirely with OCing, and if you even OC more the cooling system will die a lot more quickly...

wedge_00 said:
XFX heatsinks aren't always gonna die on you but they don't exactly provide a adequate cooling system either..... Leadtek, i know with there 7800 series have a more than adequate cooler.

"the XFX cards have heating/dying issues"

Static_11 said:
"the XFX cards have heating/dying issues"

yeah, like every other freaking manufacturer, just cuz their failure precent mite be a half of a % higher than everyone elses doesn't make them the worst company in the world

the chance of you getting a bad card is extremely small no matter what company you choose, i would just go with it if it has gotten good reviews

seriously, people... :angry:

rest of ur build looks fine

edit: you might want a better monitor, try to get a 8ms refresh rate, and try to go dual core (get the X2 4400+)

just wondering, how many people have actually HAD a XFX card that failed on them

dont dump the company if you havent even had one of their cards

did i ever say they were the worst? NO
did i say that all manu's have there cons, some more than others? YES

XFX is known for having heating issues, so yes, i can be honest and tell him what is in store for him.

So I guess all I need to do is get a new graphics card but can anyone can clarify that there will be a significant price drop on those 256mb 7800gtx's when the 512 7800gtx ultra comes out? Because if those dropped down 50 bucks or so I'd go with one of those.

But if that doesnt work I guess I should go with an EVGA but im just not convinced that xfx is that bad.

Also I was wondering why this xfx http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814150108
is priced more than http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130256
when the EVGA is clearly better, maybe its because the XFX comes with a ton of games?

XFX HAD a problem with teh 6800GT and 6600GT series hs/fans. But right now, their fans are fine.

Also, your getting an overclocker's mobo but also a 4000+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom