Got my ZALMAN CNPS9500 LED Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Guys, if you looking to stay away from Water Cooling, and want an awesome heatsink. WoW @ Zalmans new entry, this thing is amazing. I used to idle around 40-43c, now I'm idling at 32 with 40 loads. The fan only kicks on onces it hits a certain temp. Half the time its off. Its so sweet. And looks very nice as well. I paid 68.99 from newegg. Some people can beat that, but I got it in 2 days and installed very nicely with my 3200 Venice, 939. Very Happy, Very Nice, I will update pics when I get them.

I have a 40 dollar Zalman and couldnt be happier with what i payed for. Nice copper plates, blue light and 2300 RPM's... bad thing though, its just a TAD bit on the heavy side.. but all in all a good cooler, would recommend

What motherboard are you using? How big is it? How easy was it to install? I am just waiting for Zalman to release one without the neon lights :(

my install took an hour lol.. i was a noob at the time and had to take out my mobo.. plus the way the platforms are set up.... its kinda hard to get the screws in the holes.. well it wouldnt be, but i had a short screwdriver and had to have my 9 y.o. sis hold the screws til i got em started. I have no idea how big mine is...

I have a DFI LanParty Ultra-D nF4 board, 939. It took about maybe 1/2 hour to an hour. Because I had to take everything out including the mobo. It was super easy to install the 2 screws that hold my original heatsink brackets to the mobo just unscrewed u place the fan over the holes and screw the fan down. One side at a time at an equal pace. Went real nice and smooth. And it runs w/ a thing called Fan-Mate 2 I believe which monitors everything and gives you a speed option. The neon lights on low speed are actually off. On high speed it gets fairly bright not insanely though. My 2 case fans and my UV lights are whats really lighting up the case. The zalman is maybe .1 percent of my lighting. But anyway I give 5out of 5 rating. :)

Isn't Fanmate 2 the manual adjuster? If I choose not to use fanmate would the fan still regulate itself like it was said earlier (how it only kicks in when it gets hot)?

lol, fanmate 2 is the manual adjuster yes... he has a sensor on his hsf to let it know when it needs to kick on when/if it starts getting to hot

i have the same heatsink minus the LED, my system at "full load" runs ar 35 C, enjoy it and do some OCing, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom