Just built PC..Need Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManuelJ

Solid State Member
Just built a new PC, and I'm having some problems installing the drivers for my video card as the motherboard doesnt recognize it. I have a Geforce 6600. The motherboard is an Epox 9NPA+Ultra. Please help!

What do you mean by doesnt recognize it, when you boot it up you are getting no display right? If thats the case then make sure its plugged in right and has the powercord on it.

There are no drivers to make a motherboard recognize a graphics card, its built into the ROM chip to do basic display functions. It's a hardware issue if you mean nothing is displaying (wether it means its not in correct, or something else is wrong im not sure of given what you have told us).

Sorry for not being specific. Yes, I get a display and the system is running flawlessly, except that when I attempt to install the drivers from the CD I get a massage that reads "Please install ASUS card first"(the card is manufactured by ASUS). When I went to the Device Manager the card is not listed. Under "Other Devices" what is listed is "Video Controller (VGA Compatible)" with a yellow "?" beside it. I updated the BIOS and the chipset drivers, still I can't solve the problem.

Ok then try going right to nvidias site, screw the drivers on the CD they will be old. See if the new ones work.

Im not sure why its listed under others, but Id try getting new drivers as a first step.

PROBLEM SOLVED! Installing the new drivers has solved the problem. Thanks to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom