Budget Gaming AMD Athlon XP Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Kid

In Runtime
Hello all, i recently fell victim to purchasing an asus a7n8x-e deluxe for my buget gaming computer. But the mobo as i, and many others have found that it is picky when it comes to the parts you can use with it. So ive ran many Hard Ware Diagnostic Tools to make sure everything was fine, and it is. The Mobo is just being a sorry *&^%$.

Moving on, im looking for a Motherboard that can do the following:

Suports an AMD Athlon XP +3000 barton core

PC 3200 512mb ram

Nvidia FX5200 128mb agp card

and all the standard Hard Drive and Cd Drive Hookups

And overall, is dependable.

So it may seem demanding, but id like you to tell me what board, why you chose it, and a link to it on the website.

And probably the most important of all, it needs to be 100 bucks or less, and that dosnt mean go for the best board for 100 bucks, just the best, dependable board, it dosnt need to be a crazy OC board.

Thank you for yee help in advance.

OMG!! I am AMAZED!!!

This has to be one of the first thread in this topic that explains the problem, their budget, what they need in it, and other important stuff!!

*claps and bows*

but you did leave out ONE part.. what socket is your cpu? and what pin your RAM is.

um, amd athlon xp barton core= socket a. I personally like the MSI Socket A Boards, stick with an Nvidia chipset & get a standard board. What you want isn't really demanding but what i would consider stock. MSI is regarded as a VERY reliable board.

oh.. didnt know that barton was only socket a.. i dont see them that much even though i have one >_< lol. my cousin built this comp, dont hurt me! lol

I didnt even know they made AMD XPs anymore? I thought they switched to semprons.

AMD are not making Athlon XP's any more. Shops are still selling their stockpiles of Athlon XP's, they will eventually run out. They cant get any more Athlon XP's from AMD, only Semprons.

The rest of the Athlon XP's in AMD's warehouses were rebadged as Semprons and are being sold under that name.

Barton core Athlon XP's have not been rebadged as Semprons.

i wouldn't say suck because the barton core will still play all the latest games at good detail but its not a shade on the Athlon 64, yes it would become a rarity, if it was purchased brand spankin new

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom