Why is everyone saying SLI sucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as the game is only a year away, It would be nice if the 7800GT/GTX cards will handle the game pretty much the way the 6800GT handles FEAR. Not real high framerates, but high enough to be playable at decent settings. As demanding as this engine is going to be, it might be a situation like Battlefield 1942 where EVERYBODY has to upgrade. I have heard several reports that 2 7800GTXs in SLI wont be enough to max it out.

Like you said they game is a ways off and by then 7800 gtx won't be highend anymore. That means there will be other more powerfull cards that are highend. There's nothing to get all crazy about unless you don't want to upgrade in the next 1 or so years. In that case it's your own fault you can't play "whatever" game at high settings in the future.

all for the money... they have the hardware to push the graphics, therefore they use it to get as much money out of vid cards as possible..

BColes said:
Like you said they game is a ways off and by then 7800 gtx won't be highend anymore. That means there will be other more powerfull cards that are highend. There's nothing to get all crazy about unless you don't want to upgrade in the next 1 or so years. In that case it's your own fault you can't play "whatever" game at high settings in the future.

xactly, by the time UT2K7 comes out, the 7800 line wont be highend, graphics cards change about every 5-6 months rite now so...we will have a SWEET card by then, nothing to worry bout really

Spartan666 said:
xactly, by the time UT2K7 comes out, the 7800 line wont be highend, graphics cards change about every 5-6 months rite now so...we will have a SWEET card by then, nothing to worry bout really

Highend or not, if they make it as demanding as they are talking, this game will only be for the very rich who buy new rigs every 6 months or so and have SLI and stuff. I mean, its crazy that a single 7800GTX won't run this game well, being as its only a year away.

However, with the impact that Unreal Engine 3 is going to have on the gaming world, it wont suprise me if they make it extra demanding because everybody will upgrade their systems for this game, because of the standard its setting with its engine.

beedubaya said:
Highend or not, if they make it as demanding as they are talking, this game will only be for the very rich who buy new rigs every 6 months or so and have SLI and stuff. I mean, its crazy that a single 7800GTX won't run this game well, being as its only a year away.

I will agree with some of that. You won't need SLI/Crossfire to play the game well. You may need the high end card to play it well but that's not the point. The point is you won't need SLY/Crossfire.

Widescreen

What about for large widescreen (1680 x 1050) monitors? Monitors of this size really aren't 'highend' in my opinion (or am I just misguided?). Would SLI really benefit the gamer in this situation?

Edit: For games such as the [upcoming] UT2007 or Doom 3, UT2004 (not really that much anymore), etc.

depends on what AA, game, and what card he has.. if he's trying to do it with a 6600 (O_O), then it would.. but then buying a 6800/GT would cost less than slying two 6600GT's

beedubaya said:

However, with the impact that Unreal Engine 3 is going to have on the gaming world, it wont suprise me if they make it extra demanding because everybody will upgrade their systems for this game, because of the standard its setting with its engine.

yeah, they are only pushing it so hard because of the engine its running on, i mean the unreal engine 3 is...unreal, lol

shame though that unless they really figure something out, you are going to need a very good system to enjoy the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom