Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Me and my dad might make a computer case out of wood soo I was wondering if any of you guys have a design or something you might suggest we do?

WOOD?! no, i dont have a design, sry, but good luck on that project, post images when ur done

Wood is a bad choice, First of all it doesn't get ride of heat that well at all, secondly it would be hard to maintain since the inside would dry out faster then the outside then you have possible wood particles and such falling on your parts....

agree on ur fast two comments, disagree on your last one, that depends on the type of wood you use, not all wood would chip or flake

yea but it doesn't really need to be that cool anyway I'm gonna put a few fans and get watercooling so that part is fine and also would redwood flake or ship?

not sure about redwood, its daamn tough stuff though, google the subject, im not too sure about that

So long as you use a good sealer, you can use almost any wood.

I recommend use multiple coats of polyurethane, as it actually encases the wood. It's plastic after all.

polyurethane also retains heat better, though, than normal wood, i woudnt go crazy with the multiple coats, a couple will do fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom