Choppy Graphics, horrible benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveS242

Beta member
I just picked up Age of Empires 3 and noticed that it is extremely choppy on my system so I started doing some investigating. I have never noticed a problem before.

I ran 3DMark05 on the system and got a 3D benchmark of *shudder* 246. Other comparable systems are getting well over 4000. I tried a clean boot with absolutely nothing running, and same story.

I have 512MB of PC3200 DDR, and a GeForce FX 5200 with 128MB.

I ran dxdiag - everything checks out ok. I checked for spyware - nothing. Does anyone have any ideas what could be causing such an awful benchmark, choppy games, etc? It seems that my system should be able to handle them. Any kind of diagnostic software I should try running?

Thanks in advance!

512MB ram is not enough for that game. I played that game when i had 1GB ram.

Fair enough - but that doesn't explain the benchmark of 246 when other systems with similar specs are getting over 4000. Something must be wrong - just can't figure out what :)

on my ATI Radeon 9600pro i only got a score of just over 1000 ....

No way anyone is getting over 4000 with that card, maybe in 3dMark03 but definitely not 05, but I agree your score is very low. Do you know that your card is forsure running at 8x agp? At one point someone had a problem similar to it and it was because it wasnt running at 8x. Go into the advanced display options and somewhere in there you can specify it.

You are not going to get a score of 4000 with an FX5200 lmao 246 actually sounds about right for that card.

MY comp hated 3dmark 05 with 1gb PC 3200 400mhz 3200+ Athlon 64, and a geforce 5700 LE 256MB AGP 8x..

Was extremly choppy..

Try lowering the quality settings though as the 5200 is a pretty low-end card..

I put in a 6800GT and i can run it fine (drools)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom