Socket 939 Opterons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phone or email the company and ask. If they won't/can't tell you then shop somewhere else.

If i was spending that much i certainly wouldn't leave it to chance.

That is why they have RMA. I believe with the Dual Core Opteron I am getting, that there isn't enough people that have them to know which stepping is the best.

Edit: Question: So when I put the thermal paste on, do I cover the entire chip? Never had a dual core before :p.

lazerman said:
That is why they have RMA. I believe with the Dual Core Opteron I am getting, that there isn't enough people that have them to know which stepping is the best.

Edit: Question: So when I put the thermal paste on, do I cover the entire chip? Never had a dual core before :p.
No. you put a small dab about the size of a grain of rice in the center of the CPU. Also, once you get the heatsink down, dont lift it up again or you will have to clean and re apply the AS5.

Thanks. So do you think you will have your system running and overclocked by tomorrow night?

thats not too smart, i would say he should take a few days and OC slowly and test EACH time for stability, run some tests...

he would get a better OC out of it that way

There are two ways to go about it, start high and then go down until it is stable, which is faster, and just as accurate, or your way. I mean just a general idea of what to expect. Of course he won't know if it is completley stable until after stress testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom