ddram with sdram... will they work together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerstu

Beta member
My computer has 256MB SDRAM... I want to add another 512MB, but can I add DDRAM or does it have to be SDRAM? Will they work together properly?

is it DDRAM or DDR SDRAM?
though they have the same physical dimension as SDRAM DIMM, they have 184 pins and one notch compare with SD with 168 pins and two notch. Thus, DDR memory is not backward-comaptible with SD.

No they don't.
How ever, you can get motherboard that will take the new CPU and still keep your SDRAM investment. Asrock does one of these board.

That is the 6th time is abot 3 weeks that i have been asked this question. 3 of those times were from people should of known better.

"Everytime some one asks me if DDR Ram and SD Ram can work together, God kills a kitten. Please help save the kittens."

MicroBell said:
Here.....Kitty......Kitty.. LOL

It if it was not for the fact that it was by boss that asked the question TWICE in the last 3 weeks, then i would make a poster and stick up on the wall next to my desk.

MicroBell said:
NO..SDRAM and DDRAM can NOT be used at the same time. If you have SDRAM...use SDRAM as your upgrade.

Not much choice in the motherboards there.

How ever, some computer stores might let you trade in your SD Ram investment too. SD Ram modules can be sold off at resonable price.

We will gladly take anything from 128Mb modules and up.

We find them useful to those people that are using some late P-III and are just using the computer just for MS Office and websurfing. (and with no real intension of upgrading in the near future.)

SDRAM price soars high this last few months. If you have spares, you better keep for future use or sell it if you want to stick with the DDR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom