Can't find hardware - hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. tech

In Runtime
Hey there,

I use Norton Ghost to back up the contents of my master hard drive. The secondary hard drive(the one I back up my files to) I place in a Mobile Rack which I slide into my computer before I back up and slide out and put away when not backing up.

All this worked fine for MONTHS. I was able to back up my master hard drive to my secondary hard drive... But all of a sudden I'm having problems...

Last week I opened norton ghost but it said that it could only detect my master hard drive, not my secondary hard drive... So I logged onto windows xp and went into the Add Hardware section to see if I could detect the secondary hard drive. It found it fine and I was able to back up my master hard drive to the secondary hard drive...

This week the same thing happened however when I went into Add hardware, it won't pick up the secondary hard drive... I've also tried uninstalling the Secondary IDE Channel and SIS PCI IDE Controller but it didn't end up picking the secondary hard drive up... I've tried this and restarted my computer seceral times...

Sometimes the yellow light (the light that fashes when the hard drive is loading/thinking) appears on the secondary hard drive so I guess it is getting power to it.

Any ideas why it is not finding the secondary hard drive?
Is the secondary hard drive faulty? It's fairly new (6 months).

Are you sure you dont have a bent pin on the hard drive? Can you go into your bios and check if your Bios is picking up the drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom