Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
That articel is a bunch of s**t!! I got it from my sources at M$ that Vista Beta 2 is on schedule for the Dec release date. Thurrott is talking out the side of his mouth again.

Along with the fact that the Office 12 Beta begins in 2-3 weeks.

Thurrot is a good source no one can deny that but I'll also agree with you mak that some of his articals are BS look at his reviews on the Win95 Beta.

i love this pic
6.jpg

With the release of a new user interface in Windows Vista and Office 12, Microsoft will also update the font that both products use for the first time in eight years. The company says the new font is designed to take advantage of ClearType, and is more modern than its predecessors.

Dubbed "Segoe UI," the font is more humanistic and less computer-like than it's predecessor, Tahoma. Microsoft also relied on a decade of research from its Typography unit on making fonts easier to read and scan on screen.

Segoe has taken two years to develop, according to Microsoft. Office 12 will primarily use the 8pt. version of the font, while Windows itself will use the 9pt. size.

I'd also like to add that it seems the November build of Vista CTP has been out for awhile (Nov 17). I haven't updated yet has anyone got the new one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom