Just bought a new sound card but the rear speakers sound muffled or quieter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsh

Baseband Member
Just bought an xfi fatal1ty sound card and I bought "Medusa 5.1 surround headphones" to go with it

The problem is that the rear speakers sound quieter or muffled from the front and center speakers in my headphones

I tried everything I could think of to make the rear sound like the front but nothing has worked

I know that my rear speakers are not defective because if I switch the front wire and rear wire around the rear speakers sound like they should

I donÂ’t know whatÂ’s making the rear sound so off

Someone Help :(

Overall the headphones sound great but the 2 rear speakerÂ’s just throw away the whole 5.1 surround headphone feeling

I tried contacting www.speed-link.com

But they have poor service

I'm not the audio guru here... but from what i've seen about the medusa 5.1 headset is that it is a USB headset. Is yours?

I've got the X-fi fatal1ty FPS and a pair of Zalman Theater 6 headphones. Here is how I hook it up.
1.jpg

See the 3 plugs White is Front - Gray is rear - Black is sub

imageview.php

The Black goes in the far right, Gray goes next to it, white next to that, and my mic goes on the far left.

These headphones are fantastic and have a perfect surround sound field.

BF2 - the M95 sniper rifle sounds absolutely incredible.... It's the sharpest, chrisp SNAP you've ever hear.... Sometimes when I pull the trigger it actually makes me jump... lol

I dont have the usb one i guess i should of been more clear

I connected it correctly

But the problem is that the rear sound off.. like i said before

They are jsut softer.. like something is blocking them

dont know how to explain.. This is my first sound card I ahve bought in a long time and this is the first set of hedphones i bought over 20

So if anyone knows is would really help

I been posting and googling all day and I cant find the answer

Do your headphones have 3 plugs like mine?

In order to get real 6 Channel Direct Sound you need to have 3 plugs into your sound card. This is both for Headphones as well as speakers.

FRONT, REAR, SUB

Did you try playing around with the creative software and make sure it's configured correctly. When I use my headphones I make sure to leave it on 5.1 speakers and not change it to 2.1 headphones. Or else what you're describing happens.

I have it at 5.1

I think i am just going to have to return them

I dont know what is the issue

I have 3 plugs

It sounds like the center and rear are overpowered by the front speakers

front speakers sound better then the center and even sound louder then the center when it should be the other way around

i dont know what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom