What are some True Dual X16 PCI-e mobos?

Status
Not open for further replies.
the 6800 Ultra's are barely affected when running in AGP 4x. the 7800 is only 1.5 times as powerful as the 6800, but PCI-E 16x is more than twice as good as AGP 8X

since AGP 4x barely affects the 6800, a card 1.5 times as powerful would only need about 1.5 times the bandwith of it.

so if there was an AGP 6x, the 7800 would run fine in it (that's if there was an AGP 6x, and an AGP 7800 to go in it)

in reality, the usefulness of PCI-E 16x over 8x is about as much as what colour handle your screwdriver is.

*edit*
paragraphed it a bit more

apokalipse said:
the 6800 Ultra's are barely affected when running in AGP 4x. the 7800 is only 1.5 times as powerful as the 6800, but PCI-E 16x is more than twice as good as AGP 8X
since AGP 4x barely affects the 6800, a card 1.5 times as powerful would only need about 1.5 times the bandwith of it. so if there was an AGP 6x, the 7800 would run fine in it (that's if there was an AGP 6x, and an AGP 7800 to go in it)

in reality, the usefulness of PCI-E 16x over 8x is about as much as what colour handle your screwdriver is.

wtf?? wut r these numbers on the screen?? lol, yeah wutever he said

Well I am sure there are other things on that mobo that improve gaming performance other than the dual 16x slots

Lol - you're new to this, arn't you? It is a very nice board however.

These scores speak for themselves...

fcsliaa.png

Some games you'll see none to minimal difference, but sometimes you'll see a 67% increase by having 2 16x SLi slots.

Sp4rtan, go with the ASUS. They're the only company with it available right now, and it looks very good. It overclocks great too.

OK i am probably gonna go with this board regaurdless of what any of you say, I am pretty much decided

OK, but your passing up the great opurtunity to buy a DFI Lanparty which is clearly better. Your choice. WE all think SLI will die soon and god forbid it coming back! :p

yeah, lol, i would go with the SLI-DR model since you can obviously afford it, works great with AMD and overclocks very well

i wouldnt mind SLI, if it REALLY did have a 80-100% increase by putting in another card, instead of just 30% OR WORSE, lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom