Help need fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanders06

Solid State Member
Hi, im trying to get my computer running that i build, here are the current specs.... it has an amd 64 socket 939 3200 processer, 1 gig of ddr ram, 250 gig hard drive and a geforce 6200 TC pci express 256 mb video card....here is my problem, I CANT GET THE VIDEO CARD TO READ! lol when you go to display adapters it says standard VGA device...nothing else, plug and play doesnt pick it up, i tried taking it out and puting it back in, nothing, tried installing drivers, it gets half ways through and restarts my puter, someone help me!! Windows xp...do i need service pack 2?

When you first installed windows XP, did you install your Motherboard/CPU Drivers, Video Card Drivers, and other drivers for hardware you have on your computer. (in that order?)

Of course you should always update to the lates drivers which could be found at Nvidia.com

i installed xp, then put motherboard drivers in and installed those, then when i tried to install vid drivers it just reboots....like windows doesnt pick it up

Well I mean if you can see pictures on your monitor your computer reconizes your video card...

Are you running SLi or just use a SLi Board, make sure that little chip on your motherboard is set to the right settings. And lke I suggested, tried using the latest drivers.

as stated, i cant get drivers to install, im kinda new to this, what do you mean by SLI and what things on board? my board is a elitegroup nfroce4a939

I really could use some help....I put all the latest updates on my computer, and then tried newest drivers nvidia, once again, gets half ways through install then restarts, before it restarts it goes to a blue screen but it isnt there fast enough for me to read the error plz help me

Unistall the old driver first and then install the newest compatable driver; the video card is functional, as your monitor would not even work otherwise. Standard vga is a compatable display that runs 680x420 resolution.

OK, its 640x480 & there aren't any drivers, you might have a faulty video card or MoBo, you should start some hardware diagnostics. Use someone else you know's computer to test the video card etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom