Normal or abnormal temp difference??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panther

Baseband Member
I'm at a loss as to why one stick of my memory runs at about 48C while the other runs at ambient temperature, ive switched them with each other in slot location to see if the cpu fan has an effect on them, but nothing changes.

On top of that, this ram is forced to run at 220-240fsb @ 2.5-4-3-6 T1 2.8V instead of 275+ (rated) speed of 3-4-4-8 T2 2.8v... dead/dieing ram or is this a standard-weird thing?

***EDIT*** my 48C estimate was with some terrible case thermal probe, im thinking closer to 55-60C... definatly cant hold my finger on there for more than about 4 seconds... scorching hot ***END EDIT***

It really depends, I mean if you have 4 rams stuck on oyur motherboard, the primary rams that are actually being used are probably going to be hotter. Do you have a heatspread for your ram, it would definately be good for it.

Yea, each mem. stick has a heatspreader. The odd thing is that ive tried each of the 2 512mb sticks in slot1/2 so that the hot wouldnt be first in line, but it still runs as hot as hell. Im lost :-/

Panther said:
Yea, each mem. stick has a heatspreader. The odd thing is that ive tried each of the 2 512mb sticks in slot1/2 so that the hot wouldnt be first in line, but it still runs as hot as hell. Im lost :-/

If you have good airflow, that goes right over the RAM, then get rid of those heat trapping heat "spreaders". Mount a 120MM fan on the mobo on top of the RAM.

Yan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom