Graphic Card Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
is there much of a diffrence between the

Powercolor Radeon 9700 Pro 128MB DDR ($202)
and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128MB DDR($225)

what are the big differences between these 2 cards?

screen nvidia, i used to swear by them (mx/ti series) but ever since i wasted money on the 5600 and saw my friend with his 9600ati, i dropped my jaw, on what a waste nvidia is.. now i have a 9800 xt, and god i'm lovin it!

Hl2 is set for ati cards, and the article above about the 5900 handling is using old drivers for those results. Dont get me wrong the ati cards are better, but not by much. I have played and have both cards and there isnt that much of a diffrence. The low cost fx cards are crap, but the higher costing ones are well made and are close competiters for the higher end ati cards.

ok guys stop comparing the top line ati with mid line nvidia cards compaire HL2 on the 9800xt withthe 5950 ultra you wont see much of a difference

man dont even blink when it comes to the showdown between nvidia and ati !!

get any radeon u want out of these 3 (guaranteed turn-on)

1. Radeon 9600 XT
2. Radeon 9700 Pro
3. Radeon 9800 Pro

...all top performers .. c if u can bag one in ur price range ..
g'luck ..

Let me spell it out for you.These are pro's not XT's.These arnt top of the line.Show me. Dont talk about this driver that driver. He said she said. SHOW ME.Here you go. lets see what a 5900 ultra does.Warning.This document is going to make you sick of you shelled out 500 Ouchie.Do you want to see screen shots of the fed up DX8 games.It dosent even dispaly properly.

http://www.techreport.com/etc/2003q3/hl2bench/index.x?pg=2

dang......my mom lowered the price of the comp I can get....now I can get at max a $150 graphic card

I think I'll go with the Saphire Radeon 9600 XT with free HL2 Ticket

this is good right

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom